Saturday, April 13, 2013

Purple Giraffe

Season 1
Episode 2


Love:
Definitely not a good idea to tell someone you just met "I Love you"

Barney: So, it's over between me and... Works-with-Carlos girl.
Ted Mosby: Whoa, that was fast.
Barney: Yeah. I was trying to think, "What's the quickest way to get rid of a girl you just met?"
[flashback to about 5 seconds ago]
Barney: I think I'm in love with you.
Girl - Works With Carlos Girl: What?

Some people can't do casual


[trying to act casual]
Ted Mosby: [on the phone] Hello?
Robin: Hi, Ted.
Ted Mosby: Amanda? Oh, Denise, sorry, you totally sounded like Amanda...

If you want to get a chick to like you, throw her a party

And if she doesn't show up because she's busy, then throw one the next night

And if she's still busy then throw one on the third night

Once you get engaged, she will want it all day erryday
(Lily is constantly horny around her future husband Marshall)

There may or may not be a switch to turn off your feelings
Robin: You can't turn off the way you feel.
Ted Mosby: [pantomimes turning a dial on his chest] Click. Off. Let's make out.
Robin: What?
Ted Mosby: What, that was the off switch! And I turned it off... I mean, yes, sure, I wanna fall in love, get married, blah blah blah, but... on the other hand, you, me... the roof...
Robin: There's no off switch.
Ted Mosby: There's an off switch. And it's off.
Robin: [leaning in] No it's not.
Ted Mosby: Yes, it is.
Robin: No, it's not.
Ted Mosby: Yes. It is...
[they kiss passionatly]
Ted Mosby: ...No it's not... You were right. There's no off switch... God, I wish there was an off switch!

Friends:
Being "just friends" with someone isn't the end of the world
(That's what Ted and Robin are, for now... *evil laugh*)


Jobs:
Sometimes you gotta start doing lower than low
Robin does the little puff pieces at her journalism job and does a story about a kid gets stuck in a crane machine because he wants a purple giraffe)

Life:
Life is a bitch, because you can manage to want to marry someone with NO intention of ever getting married.
(Which is why I anti-ship Ted and Robin)

Goodnight all! (It's like 9 where I am). I didn't really like this episode so this is all I got. Sowwy

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment